Dog Poisons in the Home

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Dog Insurance and other Pet Insurance topics.

What should I do if I think my dog ate something poisonous?

Dog Poisons in the Home

Injesting poison is another common accident that befalls many dogs during their life, and a common reason for pet owners to obtain dog insurance policies. Dogs are prone to seeking out plants or chemicals that are bad for them. Many people think of poisonous plants or even houseplants when they think of toxic items dogs can swallow, but there are also many items around the home, such as aspirin, hair color, nail polish and remover, along with chemicals and drugs that can harm or kill a dog. If you think your dog has ingested poison, call your vet right away, and see if you can find the item they ate. Make sure to keep these items locked away where inquisitive dogs can't find them, too.

   

Comments

Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.



Name:


URL: (optional)


Comment:


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Pet Insurance Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!


Guru Spotlight
Jolyn Wells-Moran